Library COVID-19 Updates
Our online collections and resources are always available 24/7, and can be found under the "Digital Library" or "Services & Resources" tabs.
For more information on the City of Papillion’s response to COVID-19, click here.
What to Expect When Visiting Papillion Public Library
Several restrictions have been put into place to help ensure the safety of patrons and staff, and to comply with the Directed Health Measures issued by the Governor and the Sarpy/Cass Health Department:
- A maximum of 105 patrons (75% capacity) will be allowed into the library at one time. A maximum of 30 patrons will be allowed in the Interactive Lab at Papillion Landing, and 12 patrons in the Digital Library Classroom.
- In an effort to allow as many patrons to visit the library as possible, we are requesting that patrons limit their visits to 120 minutes. The time limit on public computers has been lowered to 120 minutes per visit.
- If possible, limit the number of household members visiting at the same time. This maximizes the number of households able to access our collections and services during capacity restrictions.
- Please wear a face mask while visiting the facility.
- Social distancing of six feet is required. Seating and computers have been limited to promote social distancing.
- Additional sanitizing stations have been placed throughout the library, and cleaning of high-touch areas is done frequently.
- Use of the Papillion Public Library app on a personal device is encouraged when searching the catalog for items. More information about the app can be found here.
- Material returns will be accepted via the outside book drop only. Returned items will be quarantined for at least 72 hours before being checked in and returned to circulation. No fines will be assessed during the 72 hour quarantine period.
- Meeting rooms, study rooms, and play areas are unavailable until further notice. High-touch collections including board games, toys, and book buddies will also be unavailable.
- All in-person library programs have been moved online until further notice.
- Until further notice, material donations will not be accepted, and the Friends of the Library Bookstore is closed.
All patrons use the library at their own risk. The sanitation of every item and surface can not be guaranteed. We appreciate your patience as we return our services to full capacity.
Digital Library Cards
Interested in signing up for a library card, but unable to visit us in person? If you are a resident of the City of Papillion, you get a full membership to the library at no cost, which includes all the perks of our digital membership within it. If you are a resident of a Papillion SID, you qualify for a digital membership at no cost with the option to join as a full member for $50 per year per household. Digital memberships include access to all of the library’s digital collections and resources, including eBooks, digital audio books, streaming videos, and more!
After signing up for a digital membership, patrons will have two months to come into the library to show us an ID and a piece of mail for address verification. Patrons will also have the choice to continue with the digital membership or opt for a full membership. To apply for a digital membership, please call us between the hours of 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, at (402) 597-2040 or email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Papillion Public Library is now offering contactless pickup for library materials. Contactless pickup will be available during our open hours. Holds Pickup is functioning in the same manner as before closure, but Contactless Pickup is still available upon request. If you get a hold notification via email or text and would like Contactless Pickup, please call the library at (402)597-2040.
The outside book drop is now open for returns. The indoor book drop will remain closed until further notice. Returns can be dropped off at any time. In an effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19, all items being returned will be quarantined for 72 hours before being checked in.
All in-person library programs have been cancelled until further notice. Find our full schedule of our virtual programming on our Calendar & Events page. Or follow us on social media to stay up to date on our virtual programming options.