Library COVID-19 Updates
Sump Memorial Library will re-open to the public on Monday, June 15 at 9:00 am, with capacity and service restrictions. Starting from Monday, June 29th, Sump Memorial Library will be open our regular business hours:
Monday - Thursday: 9AM to 9PM
Friday and Saturday: 9AM to 5PM
Sunday: 1PM to 5PM
Sump Memorial Library will be closed on Saturday, July 4th in observance of Independence Day.
The Digital Library/Interactive Lab at Papillion Landing is open for these hours:
Saturday & Sunday: 11am-5pm
Our online collections and resources are always available 24/7, and can be found under the "Digital Library" or "Services & Resources" tabs.
For more information on the City of Papillion’s response to COVID-19, click here.
What to Expect When Visiting the Sump Memorial Library
Several restrictions have been put into place to help ensure the safety of patrons and staff, and to comply with the Directed Health Measures issued by the Governor and the Sarpy/Cass Health Department.
- A maximum of 70 patrons will be allowed into the library at one time. .
- Please limit your visit to 60 minutes. Computer use will also be limited to 60 minutes per day.
- If possible, one person per household should visit at a time. This maximizes the number of households able to access our collections and services during capacity restrictions.
- Masks are strongly recommended while visiting the facility.
- Practice social distancing of six feet at all times. Seating and computers have been limited to promote social distancing.
- Additional sanitizing stations have been placed throughout the library, and cleaning of high-touch areas is done regularly.
- Use of the Papillion Public Library app on a personal device is encouraged when searching the catalog for items. More information about the app can be found here.
- Material returns will be accepted via the outside book drop only. Returned items will be quarantined for at least 72 hours before being checked in and returned to circulation. No fines will be assessed during the 72 hour quarantine period.
- Meeting rooms, study rooms, and play areas are unavailable until further notice. High-touch collections including newspapers, board games, toys, and book buddies will also be unavailable.
- All in-person library programs have been moved online until further notice. Information on the Summer Reading Program can be found here.
- Until further notice, material donations will not be accepted.
All patrons use the library at their own risk. The sanitation of every item and surface can not be guaranteed. We appreciate your patience as we return our services to full capacity.
Digital Library Cards
Interested in signing up for a library card, but unable to visit us in person? If you are a resident of the City of Papillion, you get a full membership to the library at no cost, which includes all the perks of our digital membership within it. If you are a resident of a Papillion SID, you qualify for a digital membership at no cost with the option to join as a full member for $50 per year per household. Digital memberships include access to all of the library’s digital collections and resources, including eBooks, digital audio books, streaming videos, and more!
After signing up for a digital membership, patrons will have two months to come into the library to show us an ID and a piece of mail for address verification. Patrons will also have the choice to continue with the digital membership or opt for a full membership. To apply for a digital membership, please call us between the hours of 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, at (402) 597-2040 or email us anytime at email@example.com.
Papillion Public Library is now offering contactless pickup for library materials. Contactless pickup will be available during the our open hours. Holds Pickup is functioning in the same manner as before closure, but Contactless Pickup is still available upon request. If you get a hold notification via email or text and would like Contactless Pickup, please call the library at (402)597-2040.
The outside book drop is now open for returns. The indoor book drop will remain closed until further notice. Items checked out prior to our closure have had their due dates extended to July 1, to allow plenty of time to return. Returns can be dropped off at any time. In an effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19, all items being returned will be quarantined for 72 hours before being checked in.
All in-person library programs have been cancelled until further notice. Follow us on social media to stay up to date on our virtual programming options. The 2020 Summer Reading Program has also been moved completely online, and runs from June 1 to July 31 for all ages.