Members Code of Conduct
All members, participants and/or spectators at The Papillion Landing Community Recreation Center and Field House are expected to demonstrate courtesy and respect, behave in a responsible manner, exercise self-discipline, respect the rights and privileges of other participants and city staff, respect the property of others and city property, cooperate and assist city staff in maintaining safety, order and discipline.
All members, participants and/or spectators at The Papillion Landing Community Recreation Center and Field House will be disciplined for unacceptable behavior including but not limited to the following:
- Endangering the health and safety of other members, participants, patrons or staff.
- Disrupting a program or creating a disturbance at a facility.
- Continuous refusal to follow program and/or facility rules and guidelines.
- Use of verbal harassment, profanity, vulgarity, obscenity, or racial slurs.
- Blatant disrespect of staff and program or facility rules and guidelines.
- Damage, vandalism, or theft of private or City facilities, equipment or supplies.
- Possession or use of illegal substances or medication, including the use of alcohol or smoking where prohibited.
- Inappropriate or offensive dress, including, but not limited to, dress which is too revealing and clothing which displays obscene or offensive words or pictures.
- Weapons such as, but not limited to knifes, clubs, brass knuckles or threats of these weapons is prohibited.
- Gang activity including display or possession of symbols, hand signals, soliciting membership, intimidating or threatening and individual, wearing or displaying colors or items of dress, etc.
- Inappropriate display of affection, including but not limited to prolonged kissing and touching of any private area of the body.
Supervisory staff has final say on all rule interpretations and may adapt rules if they feel safety is a concern to any patron.
Individuals or family members who choose to disobey the code of conduct or behave unacceptably may be subject to the following types of discipline: conference with supervisory personnel, conference with supervisory personnel and parent or legal guardian for minors, restitution (if applicable), seven-day suspension, 30-day suspension, suspension for the year, or other amount of time determined by The City of Papillion.
Program and/or membership fees will not be refunded for any person removed from a program, league or facility due to violation of the code of conduct. Some programs and/or leagues may have stricter or more detailed behavior policies.
The Recreation Center supervisory personnel reserves the right to contact law enforcement at any time in cases of misbehavior. In extreme cases of misbehavior, supervisory personnel may issue a criminal trespassing warning.