Building Department

         Permit Applications

Applications are also available at the Building Department office at City Hall, by calling 402.597.2072 to request an application, or by emailing to request an electronic copy.


New Residential Permit Application

Submittal Requirements

Nebraska Energy Code Certification

Driveway and Sidewalk Acknowledgement

Joists and Rafters Brochure

Residential Remodel/Interior Finish/Addition Permit Application
Basement Finish and Remodel Specifics
Egress Window Handout
Wood Stove Requirements

Accessory Use Permit Application (Use for Fence, Shed, Deck, Re-roof, Pool, and Garage)
Fence Brochure 
Detached Garage and Shed Submittal - in addition to application
Detached Garage and Shed Brochure
Deck Drawing Submittal - in addition to application
Deck Brochure
     Additional Details:  AWC Deck Guide - 2009

Curb Cut Permit Application
Submittal Requirements


Commercial Permit Application
Submittal Requirements
Emergency Business Contact Form (Required)
Nebraska Energy Code Certification
Change of Occupancy Permit Application
Civil Site Plan Guidance Document

Mechanical | Electrical | Plumbing

Mechanical Permit Application

Electrical Permit Application  NOTE: Electrical Contractor must be Licensed with the State of Nebraska.
Electrical Verification form for Homeowners NOTE: Must be signed at our office.

Plumbing Permit Application
Cross Connection Control Program
Backflow Prevention Assembly Test Report


City of Papillion Permit Application
Grading Plan Guidance Document

City of Omaha PERMIX Website (external link)

Post Construction Stormwater Management

Maintenance Agreement and Easement
BMP Certification

City of Omaha PERMIX Website (external link)

City of Omaha Miscellaneous PCSMP Design Forms (external link)

Occupation of R.O.W.

Right-of-Way Permit Application

Fire Plan Review

Fire Sprinkler and Alarm Application

Aboveground Storage Tank Application

Underground Storage Tank Application

Sign Permit Application
Submittal Requirements

Move | Demolition of Buildings
Demolition Permit Application

Moving a Building or Structure Permit Application

Back to Top